Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Great Rescue Operation

I FOUND IT!

I found the mouse book I've been talking about! It's The Great Rescue Operation by Jean Van Leeuwen. It was published back in the early 1980's & is out of print, so you can't just go out to any bookstore and pick it right up, but it really is a great book! If you have kids between 5 & 10, I'd totally recommend this book. My mom read it to me when I was a kiddo & it was one of my faves. It's like Stuart Little, only with more balls.

Also, since I have no karmic insight today, I thought I'd regal you with a quote from A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin. This is the first in a five book series for young adults. I picked it up because the third book is being made into a full length anime movie and I want to read the series so I can anxiously await the English dubbing in 2 or 3 years. (As previously noted, I'm an anime FREAK!)

Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight
on the empty sky.
- The Creation of Ea

No comments: