Monday, March 27, 2006

peer pressure

So, I've been blog-hoing for the last few days, reading blogs of friends and remembering my long lost blog from back in the day. I finally caved to the urge and here I am, blogging again.
I'll be more creative later, but for now there's not much to tell.

Right now I'm reading Carla Cassidy's Are You Arfaid. Good book. Good enough to keep me up four hours past I'd planned to be. I'm half way done & will finish tonight. The only reason I didn't finish last night was because the words sorta blurred together into black lines on white paper. It wasn't condusive to my curiosity about the killer catching up to the heroine. Had to give in to the sleep so I could get up this morning and sacrafice myself to Da Man for another day's pay. Ah, life.

To get things rolling, I'll start a meme sorta thing I remember from my old blog on LJ back in the day (which was really only about 3 years ago). Anyone who wants to, ask me 3 questions. Any three questions, and I have to answer. Like truth or dare, without dares - although I'd be willing to accept those as well.

4 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

Oh goody! Yay on starting the blog. And I love asking questions. Here goes:

1. Why is a "thong" singular but "panties" plural?

2. Who is the coolest Texan/aspiring authoress of paranormal romance that you know?

3. Love or money? Be honest.

Mitch said...

Jaye -

1. Because panties cover both butt cheeks. A thong barely has enough fabric to qualify for the 5 letters it's made of - forget about earning an 's'!

2. Oh, crap - what was her name? Something like a bird...Robin?...Dove?...Grackle?.......you know her - she's the VP CEO of Amal Industries! JAYE! That's her name! I knew I'd think of it.

3. Honest. I'm enamored by the idea of love, but money is more tangible. However, if you're talking about love in general, and not specifically the love of a significant other, I'd say love, hands down. I'd be nowhere right now without the love of my Grandmother, and I could be poor for all my life if I always had her love.
As for the love of a S.O. - if I had unlimited funds, I wouldn't be interested in the employee discount hottie tottie book boy has (althouth I'd still be interested in his fine ass)
So it's love, either way - although money certainly makes things easier!

Anonymous said...

:::I'm still distracted by the thong question:::

Okay, where was I? Three questions.

1) Would you trade both legs, below the knee, for $3 million cash, and $38k/month for the rest of your life. (A broker friend of mine has a client that was injured on the job, that was his settlement).

2) Sting. Musically--suck or doesn't suck?

3) Paper or plastic?

Mitch said...

Jamie -

1. I actually think I would. I mean, I could always get prosthetics. The world is very handicapped-friendly these days. It wouldn't be like losing all my fingers and not being able to type up my book, or not being able to turn pages to read a book. I think being financially set for the rest of my life might be worth the loss of my lower legs. I wouldn't want to just lost them though, they'd have to be going towards something, like research, or a leg transplant, if medicine ever advanced to that. I wouldn't want to just cut them off and throw them into the trash with last weeks cat litter.

2. Stig doesn't suck, but I'm not a huge fan. I wouldn't buy any of their CDs, but I enjoy listening to their songs that play on the radio. I'm just not enticed enough to spend my money on them instead of on a book.

3. Plastic because it's more adaptable. It's not ruined if it gets wet in the rain. It has handles & paper usually doesn't (and if it does they're known to rip off). I can use it to line my trach cans in the bedrooms instead of spending my money on those scented liners in pastel colors they sell at the Marts. The only time I ever say paper is when I'm bored & want to watch the cats play in the bag. Then fold the top over and see how long it takes them to figure out they can still just push their way out. (yep, I'm goin to hell - it's that 88.5% evil thing)