Friday, March 31, 2006

Under the Tuscan Sun

Today, I introduced Gram to the wonder of DVD's. "Oh, this is just like my CDs!" I showed her the main menu and special features. "What's this 'scene selection'?"
We watched Under the Tuscan Sun, which I got her for her b-day. (I moved my DVD/VHS palyer downstairs for her. It was only the second time I've seen the movie the entire way though. It was great to share it with my Gram who, being a disgruntled divorcee who has recently bought a house and each day learns of something else in disrepair, absolutely loved this movie. She said it gave her a new prospective.
When she'd asked what the movie was about, I'd told her it was a love story, without love. She'd been skeptical, but in the end appreciated how Francis finds happiness in herself.

It was a good day. Gram is now referring to her house as a villa.

No comments: