Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Compoms

Ah, the much awaited Verona post! Well, maybe not all that highly anticipated, but I think it's still worth a chuckle or two.

Sunday, if you read my hyper coffee post, you know that I went to work with a carafe worth of Starbucks Verona Bold Blend sloshing around in my tummy. The last time I went to work on that high of a caffeine buzz, I was chained to the register, so the only ones to suffer were the customers.

Sunday, I was given three boxes of belts and a box of wallets to put out. The belts were wrapped in plastic, so the leather didn't rub, or stick together, and I had to pull the long, thin, sort of grayish-white plastic sheath off each belt. For some reason, pulling the plastic off of 28-42" of leather and being left with a dirty, wrinkled sheath, reminded me of taking of a condom. Bear with me, I was on a buzz.

I told Sean the crinkled up plastic sheaths reminded me of dry, used condoms. That earned me a look. He didn't agree. In fact, only one of my five co-workers that morning agreed that it was somewhat reminiscent of a condom.

I told Jess (who carries a jumbo condom in her purse wallet) that she should open it, take out the condom, and slip in one of the belt sheaths - just to freak out her boyfriend.

The most priceless moment of the day came when I'd finished the belts and had a box full of empty condoms. I grabbed two handfuls and went bouncing into the back declaring, "Look! I have Condom Pom Poms! Compoms, or Pomdoms." They even made that plastic crinkling sound pompoms do when you shake them.

Sadly, after that, I was chained to the register so they wouldn't have to deal with me, so I don't have more fun stories, but the look on everyone's face when I was bouncing around with the condom pompoms was priceless!


I'll blog about something better as soon as inspiration strikes me.

4 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

You are so trying to get fired from that job.

Mignon said...

You have lame-o coworkers dude. I was totally getting the condom thing.

Flood said...

Why does Jess carry around a jumbo condom? Does her boyfriend know?

Mitch said...

Jaye - maybe

Mig - I KNOW!

Flood - funny story, her bf is jumbo from what I hear...the other day, her boyfriend's dopleganger was in the store. Jess said he was the spittin image, except shorter...then she added she wasn't interested because if he was shorter, same probably went for his manhood.

Anyone - what the hell is a "Spittin Image"?