Thursday, May 04, 2006

Good Morning Starshine!

I am NOT a morning person! I should be. Not that I want to be, just that my doctor keeps telling me my sleep schedule is backwards and I should try to be awake when the rest of society is functioning. I told him I have friends in western time zones. He didn't seem to care.
Mornings just aren't my thing. They require too much coffee. With or without coffee, I always end up zany. This morning, I couldn't fight off the urge to burst out singing "Good Morning Starshine" at the top of my lungs. It was one line at a time because I kept cracking up at myself and the sound of it echoing through the empty house. Honestly, I was loud enough the neighbors might have heard. Well, if there hadn't been jackhammers going off since 8am they might have. I was already awake at 8, but I didn't want to be & the pounding destroyed any hope of falling back asleep.
So, I'm running on my 3rd cup of coffee and starting to think coherently. Much better than my 2nd cup when I was trying to eat an orange and considering that trying to get into the good part thick-rind Sunkist Orange is like trying to break into a bank. There are some with thinner skins, local banks, then there are the thicker skinned national banks. A banana would be like a convenient store, or the local gas station food mart - any moron with have a fingernail can take a try at it. Coconuts are like the Fort Knox of nature - no use even thinking about it without the right tools.
Other breakfast musings included: which cream should I use? Creams are really best suited for moods. Vanilla Caramel is for a relaxed morning. French Vanilla is when you just want to follow the schedule and gets things done with no hassle. I've not quite decided what Irish Creme is for yet. What is Irish Creme anyway? Do the Irish have different creme than Americans? In a taste test - would people be able to tell Irish Creme from British Creme? Why don't you see British Creme? Don't they put creme in their tea? Does it not live up to Irish Creme?
This morning I saw a baby Mourning Dove on the roof outside my bathroom window. It is quite possibly the cutest thing I have seen all year.

Haiku for the morning:

Spill milk I'm blase,
But I wimper like a pup,
If you slosh coffee.

Yes, I cried this morning when I spilled a few drops of my coffee. Don't act like you never have.

Fun link for the morning: Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs.
I'm considering picking this book up today. The excerpt piqued my interest. The only thing stopping me is the guilty knowledge that I spent over $125 on an order of books at Barnes & Noble online last night. Yeah, the 15 books are worth it. I just have a guilt complex - but I'm not about to get into the psychology of my formative years at the moment. I just feel like a fat person eating a slice of chocolate cake that they love, then feeling guilty because it was so good, but they aren't about to exercise to work off the calories.

Anywho, I'm off to work. I had the wonderful idea yesterday to sling down the pants on the mannequins so they're mooning the customers. Someone did it yesterday (a teen-aged customer) & it struck me as a good idea for something to do.

2 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

Maybe you should cut back on the coffee a little. ;)

Mitch said...

What? Why? I'm still awake. Coffee good. Sleep bad. Sleep takes away reading time. Drink drink coffee and read all night. Then all day. Then all of forever.

comment haiku:

coffee black or brown.
cream, sugar, Irish man, CHAPS,
weary people sleep.