Thursday, May 04, 2006

Double-Wide Death-Bed RANT

Anyone reading this post, please read to the end so you don't think I'm some skinny bitch who just hates fat people - as is not the case.


I came across an article today about the lengths America goes to in the interest of accommodating its overweight population. It seems the economy and the health industry are at odds. With as much emphasis as is put on eating right, exercising, and in general leading a healthy life - a lot is being done to keep corpulent people happy as they are - fat.
There are special resorts chubby vacationers can visit, where instead of nude beaches, there are bloated beaches. No skinny people allowed. We wouldn't want the tubbies to feel ashamed & decide to do something about their unhealthy state of living.
The final straw that led me to post is a picture of a coffin. A normal casket is 27 inches wide, but for today's trailer trash sloths, Goliath Casket is accommodating with a double-wide. This company regularly keeps 52 inch wide caskets in stock. What's even more unbelievable is they've produced caskets up to 7 feet square!





I seem to remember a little tid-bit of knowledge from grade school that your height is supposed to equal within an inch or two the width from fingertip to fingertip with your arms spread wide. Given that fact - where are the arms on a 7ft square individual? I've used my phenomenal art and sketching skills to render this approximation:






Okay, so I draw crappy noses, but I think the rest should be fairly accurate. Notice the extremities turning blue from lack of oxygen - or use. Also, the mouth open wide to suck in more food like a vacuum with the bag compartment open to the air so it never fills.

I'm obese myself, but I think I'd rather kill myself before making my family spend a mil on a 7ft casket for me. I've actually become quite complacent with my image. That entire, "it's what's inside that counts" philosophy. Well, if you don't take care of the outside, it won't survive long enough for the inside to do a damn thing.

I started an exercise regimen *ugh* which I'm going to try my damnedest to stick to. I'll work on diet after I adjust to exercising. One foot and a time at all. I just can't stand the thought that society is trying to make people comfortable being fat instead of making them comfortable while getting thin.

I do realize some people actually have health issues like glandular things that make them obese. I feel for these people. There are so many other fat people running around, society assumes the people with medical conditions are lazy black holes like the others.

Just my thoughts. Any other comments from the skinny/fat/midline community will be accepted. If you're interested, here's a link to a copy of the article I read.

7 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

Holy crap! That picture and the following comments were hilarious.

Mitch said...

yeah, I know - I'm the next Monet. Only instead of Water Lilies, I specilize in Wallowing Lazies.

Jaye Wells said...

I'd say that pciture is much more Rubaneque than anything...

Mitch said...

Actually - the sleepier I get, the more she starts to remind me of the giant jelly doughnut a few posts down.

Creativity Vacuum said...

While I hate to lose my funny-lady persona, I have to say that the idea of super-size coffins is ridiculous, I for one would relish the idea of an all-fatty beach. Just think, I could look at my self and the woman next to me and think, 'Huh, at least my stomach doesn't reach my knees.' Think of all the warm-fuzzies.

Anonymous said...

Awe Mitch I prefer to think that I was born in the wrong century.....

Where is the Rubanesque mentality when I need it

You could bury most of the skinny people now inside a toothpick. Who needs that?

Mare

Benjamin said...

Day late (or maybe a thousand days late) and a dollar short and all that... go figure! lol

Anyhow, just had to leave a comment as this is right up my alley...

Being a skinny-challenged person (pc term) myself, I find the idea of a double wide coffin both interesting and absurd. The idea is a good one if you can bring your significant other with you... granted they probably will be kicking a screaming as the lid is bolted down, but what the heck? Pharos were entombed with their staff, family, friends, armies and pets anyhow...

On the other hand, its a waste of money, when you are dead you are dead... do you really care if your coffin is roomy?

One thing I did want to point out is that just cause someone is morbidly obese, doesn't mean their arms get any longer... they will be the same length if they are a skinny bitch or a heifer... And my armspan is actually a few inches longer than my height (I can grab the top and bottom of my bed at the same time lol)

Oh and my captcha is foole... which is kinda appropriate...