Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fitting Mistake

Short story from work. A woman came up to me and asked, "Do you have any shirts that say, 'I'm retarded, do it yourself!' because I couldn't find them."
"No, mam, we've never had a shirt that says that."
"Yes you did," says the husband, "I bought one here once, but my dog tore it up."
"I've never seen that shirt, so it must've been before I worked here, which would be a while ago."
"Well, you have them in the sweater shirts, I thought you'd have them in tee-shirts."
I think to myself, We don't have a hoodie that says that either.
This is when it dawns on me, the hoodie they're thinking of, which we had in shirts for a while, says, "I'm RETIRED, Do it yourself!" Fitting that they both, even though he had at one point owned the shirt, thought it read RETARDED.
Turns out they're not the only ones, a co-worker also swore they said retarded. She feels retarded after going back to check. For the most part, though, everyone's getting a good laugh out of it.
My new excuse whenever I screw something up, "Sorry...I'm retarded, do it yourself!"

3 comments:

Creativity Vacuum said...

Hey...that's the bumpersticker to my life. BTW, thanx for adding me to your list of favs. I feel special.

Mitch said...

which is? retired or retarded? I'm growing partial to retarded.

fringes said...

Very funny. Stumbled to your blog from Jaye's. Is this where I give a shout out to the Pisces in the house?