Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Petey the Giraffe

A friend of mine mentioned Animal Spirit Guides in her blog today. So, I've decided to post the story of Petey, my Giraffe Spirit Guide.

Two years ago, I dreamt I had a pet giraffe. I kept him in the giant aviary cage at the local park (which had been torn down a few years before when the park was renovated). All of my friends loved Petey and everyone had an oval shaped blanket they could lay on top of Petey's back when they rode him around the park. Everyone's blanket was a different color, so when a lot of people rode on Petey's back at once, it looked like one big rainbow colored blanket on his back.
My blanket was purple.
I visited Petey every day and there was almost always a troupe of people with me. We'd let him out of the cage and hop on his back and I'd ask him a question. I went to Petey to ask him advice because he was very smart. He couldn't talk, but he could sing, so he made up little songs he'd use to give advice.
So we'd ride around the park on the giant rainbow pile of blankets on top of Petey's back as he sang us songs about leaving ass hole men, and following your dreams, and getting highlights put in your hair.

Funny thing is, I was not drunk or high or anything - I hadn't even eaten anything funny before I'd gone to bed that night. I'm just that strange.
So, a giraffe is my power animal. What's yours, and why?

9 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

Idea stealer!

Have you looked up the symbolism of this dream?

Mitch said...

I gave props, so it's more like borrowing. Besides, I didn't think you'd want me posting a saga in your comments section.

No, I have not looked up the symbolism - most of my dreams, if there's any symbolism, I'm afraid of what it might be.

Jaye Wells said...

Sigh. Okay I'll look it up for you.

Jaye Wells said...

Giraffe
To see a giraffe in your dream, suggests that you need to consider the overall picture. Take a broader view on your life and where it is headed.

Purple
Purple is indicative of devotion, healing abilities, loving, kindness, and compassion. It is also the color of royalty, high rank, and dignity.


Blanket
To see a blanket in your dream, symbolizes warmth, love, security and protection. You may be seeking for some form of shelter from the outside world. Consider also how your dream may be calling attention to a "cover-up" in some situation or circumstance in your waking life.

To dream that you are wrapped in a blanket, indicates your fear of the unknown. You may feel some sort of threat/chaos or sense some coldness from those around you.

To dream that you are covering or wrapping someone in a blanket, suggests you desire to care for that person.

Singing
To hear someone sing in your dream, signifies emotional and spiritual fulfillment. You are changing your mood and experiencing a more positive outlook in life.

Zoo
To dream that you are at a zoo, symbolizes loss of freedom and your abilities and talents go unnoticed. You or an aspect of your life feels caged in.

The zoo may also represent chaos and confusion as implied by the common phrase "this place is a zoo!" You may need to tidy up some situation in your life.

Source: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Mitch said...

SO-

I desire to care for a giraffe, which is actually my need to consider the overall picture, so I really just care for knowledge of spectrum, which will give me high rank and dignity. This broad scope gives me emotional and spiritual fulfillment.
By gaining knowledge over all circumstances, I achceive enlightenment, but become caged in my position as god by the demands people make upon me to control the inevitable chaos.
Nirvana never seemed so stressful.

Jaye Wells said...

It's tough being an evil genius isn't it?

Mitch said...

Nah, it pretty much comes naturally. Besides, being Satan is a hell of a lot easier than being God. Satan just gets to lay back and watch Fight Club while people flow in, god had to get a woman pregnant, kill the kid, and then listen to everyone whine about the mess he created when he was trying to do a good thing.

Mignon said...

Yeah, but God also gets to be George Burns. I wouldn't mind being George Burns.

My spirit animal is most definitely a fish. Or NO! A horse! Or maybe a Cedar Waxwing. They're kinda neat. Hmm. A llama? They have pretty eyes. I've always wanted long lashes... What are we talking about?

Mitch said...

Yeah, I guess I'd rather be married to George Burns than getting it up the ass from Sadam.

Llamas are cruel. They think they're better than people and always spitting at the lessers. Plus, they're always horny - eat the clothes right off a person!

Stick with the horse, it has nice eyes too.