Thursday, June 22, 2006

Love Met & Lost

The dark chocolate brown of his eyes peered curiously into my pale blue stare. He was gloriously tall and my head rolled back on my neck to look up at him.

He had the deep, searching sort of orb a girl could lose herself in if she met his gaze. I turned away before my soul was lost among the secrets behind those eyes.

Helpless to resist, I ran my hands along the veins in his neck, lightly brushed my fingers across his chest. He mumbled as I returned to his neck, and I stroked idly up and down the sides, occasionally skimming through his long, tousled mane.

He rested his chin on my head, his defined jaw forcing my head to turn as he watched a passerby. I stroked his cheek and he laid his head on my shoulder. I continued to pet him, in awe of the strength beneath my hands. He leaned into me and I almost buckled under the weight, but couldn't bring myself to step away from the soft silk of his auburn hair beneath my fingers.


Ah, Rusty, what a charmer. At this point, Jenn walked in and exclaimed, "Uh-oh. Looks like you're in trouble. I hope you don't have a boyfriend or a husband."

I've been hired on at Black Diamond Stables as a secretary/stable hand. Rusty is the beautiful auburn stallion who schmoozed up to me today. Sadly, he's recently been sold and will be moving in with his new owner in about two weeks.

Ah-well, I hear the best affairs are the short and passionate.

2 comments:

Joy Nash said...

Too bad you lost Rusty! He sounds like a keeper (lol)

Joy

Flood said...

Mitch! Thank you for being my 2000th visitor!