Saturday, June 17, 2006

Stuck Like Duct

Anyone notice the time? Huh? Huh? Huh? It's EARLY! Ya wanna know how early? It's so fucking early I don't wanna look at the clock because the effort it takes me to bring the damn digital numbers into focus gives me a headache, and when I finally see discern the time, I just want to bash my head against the wall until I crack into unconsciousness.

Am I grumpy? A little. I haven't had any coffee yet. And I didn't wake up early, I just haven't been to sleep yet. I tossed and turned all night, but the closest I achieved was a sort of consciousness hibernation. Not the same. It makes me wonder if I slept, because pieces of time are missing, but I know I didn't, because I don't remember waking up. I always remember waking up, because I'm usually pissed off by it.

So, today my buddy-pal-pal-friend Tammy is taking me to some "Duct Tape Festival" up in the Cleveland area. About a 3 hour drive, considering traffic. I haven't been able to really sleep in a car since I was about 10, so by the time I get home, I'll probably be staggering, drooling, muttering something about brains, and buying a bus ticket to Texas.

We were up until 1am or something watching Connie and Carla. If you've never seen this movie, do yourself a favor and check it out. I say do yourself a favor, because I fully intend on tormenting you more with this until you've seen it. It's a funny movie about identity crises, and non-identity crises perceived as identity crises. Fun fun fun. Fun like da sun.

I rhyme when I'm sleepy. Or bored. Or sometimes just for the hell of it. What was I saying?

Oh, coffee. Since I don't see sleep anywhere in the day's forecast, I fully intend on loading up on a pot (or more) of coffee before we leave. I have a bag of the Starbucks Verona Blend left. When that's gone, I'll go back to Folgers, or Maxwell House, or whatever the hell it is Gram buys. Honestly, coffee is coffee to me unless it's flavored. I couldn't tell the difference if you asked me to, especially considering I'm 98% dead most times I'm consuming it.

So, coffee coffee coffee, lots of coffee this morning & hopefully I won't have to go potty every 5 miles of the 3 hour trip.

I'm still fuzzy on what exactly this Duct Tape Festival we're going to is. Tammy said it's like a church concert/carnival thing that has a parade. I'll admit I don't go to church too often (for good reason), but I don't see the connection between God & Duct Tape. Anyone?

As long as I don't suffer some sort of coffee induced aneurysm, I'll be back to share the connection, assuming there actually is one.

2 comments:

Mignon said...

Ever been a homeowner? No? How about a parent? No? When those days come, you will know why Duct Tape is God.

Anonymous said...

So, how was it? Have you started sacrificing small animals to the Almighty Duct Tape God yet?

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to hang out with you two while you were up here, I had a lot of stuff going on this weekend (both good and bad, I'll tell you more once you come online).