Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy my ASS!

I was watching TV with Gram tonight and saw a commercial for Always 'feminine napkins' (something about that term just sounds odd to me). Apparently, their new slogan is, "Have happy period." I turn to my Gram and say, "Happy period? Yeah, like that'll ever happen. Gram, you just turned 70, have you ever had a happy period? (no) You know a man made that up!"
To which Gram replied, "Yeah, no doubt some single Ad Executive living in Manhattan. You find out who he is, and I'll run him over in a taxi!"
"And then you can lean your head out the window and tell him to have a happy stay in the hospital?"
"No, then I can tell him what a fucking moron he is and that he should go to hell!"

My Gram rarely cusses. I've NEVER heard her say fuck. Just yesterday, she admonished me for saying hell. Apparently no curse is out of line when being wished a happy period. I'm going to e-mail Always and tell them what morons they are.

1 comment:

Jaye Wells said...

Several years ago I saw an ad for a product that blew my mind away. It was pad panties-these horrible underpants made of elasticy paper with a built in pad. Not only were they horrible to look ta but the logistics boggled the mind. So anonymously ordered samples and had them sent to all my friends.

I like to think I single-handledly ruined the product since I have never seen them on the shelves. But really, I think some woman at the company found out what they were up to and bitch slapped all the male product developers.